To Prime or not to Prime

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: To Prime or not to Prime
From: erict@cta.com (Eric Thorstenson)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 96 10:22:16 EDT
Hi all. I'm getting set to do the new bodywork on my
'64 Autodynamics Formula Vee, and was wondering if anyone
had any thoughts on whether or not I should prime (or paint,
for that matter) the interior of the body panels. The body
is fiberglass, unfinished on the inside, white primer (I
think) on the outside. I'm kinda sitting the fence at the
moment, as I can see pros and cons both ways. Opinions
anyone?

On a related note, does anyone have any recommendations for
a good book on painting? Something that would cover equipment,
setup, mixing, spraying technique, etc. I have some basic
knowledge, and some decent equipment, but seeing as I've never
actually waved the thing around with anything coming out the
nozzle, I suspect my technique may need a little development...

Thanks,
Eric T.     '64 Autodynamics FV
erict@ra.cta.com