Choice of Cars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Choice of Cars
From: kmb2@axe.humboldt.edu (Ken Bond)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 09:03 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

I am just getting stated in vintage activity and would like
to correspond with a few corvette folks if any are on this
server.  My specific question involves selection of car.  I
am currently looking seriously at a '64 convert. that has
been raced since the late 60's.  A year or so of clean up
and I think a world of fun could be had in vintage racing
activity.  However, I currently own, and my first love are,
straight axle vettes.  In a most perfect world, I would have
a 56/57 vette for vintage stuff.

Before I buy this '64, I would be interested in advice and
comment on the pros and cons of going vintage racing with
a straignt axle car as opposed to the '64 with its indep.
supension.

thanks,

Ken
* Ken Bond,                                                           *
* Prof. of Bus. Admin.                                                *
* Humboldt State Univ.                    ____________                *
* Arcata, CA 95521                _______| 58  61  89 |_________      *
*                                /     How much horsepower     /      *
*                               /      Can I have and still   /       *
* Wk.:(707) 826-4277           /_________ go to Heaven?______/        *
* Fax:(707) 826-6666                     |____________|               *
* Hm.:(707) 826-7764                                                  *
* Internet:                                                           *
* kmb2@axe.humboldt.edu                                               *
* http://sorrel.humboldt.edu/~kmb2/                                   *