RE>Re- dual master brake cy

To: dlaver@morgan.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE>Re- dual master brake cy
From: Dave_Lapham-RMFV10Q@email.sps.mot.com
Date: 19 Feb 96 15:32:03 -0600
        Reply to:   RE>Re: dual master brake cylinders -Reply
On: 2/19/96   dlaver@morgan.com  wrote:

> On Feb 15,  1:32pm, Brian Evans wrote:
>
>> Subject: dual master brake cylinders -Reply
>>
>> Many of us in VARAC have used 1972 vintage Datsun 510 master
>> cylinders with varying success - the one in my Cooper S works great
>> but I'm having trouble with the one in my MG midget.  I know a guy with
>> one in a TR4 (non-IRS) and he's very happy.
>>
>>-- End of excerpt from Brian Evans
>
> What's the advantage of that particular master cylinder ?   I am
> converting the brakes on my Austin 7 special to Morris Minor wheel
> cylinders - a common conversion for which back plates are available.
> I am yet to choose a master cylinder, or cylinders, or whatever.
>
> David Laver

  I would also like to see other comments regarding this question.
However, my feeling is that the goal is to select a master cylinder
which has a similar bore to the original (or, for racing, perhaps an
eighth larger) and which will mount in the original position without
major modifications.
  For Big Healeys, the popular selections seem to be Nissan 810 truck
or 300ZX master cylinders (which may be the same part?) or late model
FIAT Spyder MCs.

  --  Dave Lapham     Austin, TX