Re: Getting started vintage racing

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting started vintage racing
From: Red912@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 15:55:41 -0500
Hi Jim,

The first thing to do is get in touch with the vintage racing sactioning body
that you will be running with. Join their organization and get a copy of the
rules and regulations. Find out what you need to do to get a competition
license. Also, you need to know what years and types of cars and what
modifications they allow. I have just gone through this and it saved me a lot
of grief while race prepping my '68 912.

If you're going to race a 356, sign up for the 356 Registry e-mail list. I
believe the address to join is <porsche-356-registry-request@world.std.com>
(no arrows) and write <subscribe> in the body of the message. If this address
doesn't work, let me know and I'll find out what it is. This list includes
some nationally known 356 "experts" such as Harry Pellow and Peter Albrecht.
Just don't ever ask about Webers vs Solex's.

Good luck,
Rich Lambert
'68 912 vintage race car
'73 911T