New lists

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: New lists
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 08:48:20 -0600 (CST)
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Subject: re: GT6 suspension bits

Well, after several years it is time for my faithful Triumph Gt6 Mk 3 to
get a body off rebuild. As I do a bit of autocross (slalom racing up here
in the frozen north) I'd like to tweak the suspension a bit. Has anyone
any thoughts on switching to a late model (non rotoflex) rear spring as
K. Kastner suggests in the competition prep manual. How about aftermarket
springs? Keeping in mind that the wee beastie already rides like a go
kart (according to my wife), how bad is the ride/handling tradeoff for
switching to urethane bushings?

Second subject - a local LBC mechanic who used to race claims Strombrg
carbs are a device of the devil and only gasses sucked through the
sanctity of SU orifaces will properly combust. Thus saying he bestowed a
set of HS4s on me (seem to be in reasonable shape - origin unknown). Has
anyone out there experience/advice with this swap - good idea or not,
what jets, etc.

Thanks much
Scott Mc.