People vs. cars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: People vs. cars
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 02:48:51 -0500
Hi all...
My little pot stirring got me quite a response... thanks to all who took time
to answer or provide comments.  There was unanamous agreement that people and
the social side of vintage racing is a major factor for involvement.  There
was general agreement that winning should not be the major critieria, but
there are some of you(us) who do strive for it, but in a gentlemanly fashion,
or at a minimum not at the expense of our friends and competitors.  I was
pleasantly surprised that no one really defended the cars only approach (i.e.
that the cars are the stars and we are just here to keep them running!!).
 There was a diversity of opinions on car preparation, competitiveness, and a
host of other subjects related to this.  The diversity of opinion all came
back together for the major reason we all seem to do it.....TO HAVE FUN....

So....get out there this year and HAVE FUN!!!!!  I know I'm gonna try!!
 (Racing is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!)

Regards,
Myles