Re: Vintage Racing Philosophy

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing Philosophy
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 08:23:38 -0500
> From: MHKitchen@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 23:39:02 -0500
> To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> Subject: Vintage Racing Philosophy
>

> I also think there are some noteworthy folks out there racing vintage car
> today that deserve as much respect as some the original drivers.
>
> Am I wrong, or don't you agree that people are as much a part of vintage
> racing as the cars????  (About to hit the SEND button, hope I don't start
> war here!!!)

For many of us who returned to racing in vintage, we enjoy the people as
much as the cars. Seeing old friends from 30 years ago, trading stories of
the wild things we did in the past, musing over cars and drivers we remember
are all part of the nostalgia trip of vintage racing. Some weekends, when
the weather sucks or the machinery goes sour, that's what makes the weekend
worth it.
I'm concerned about the emphasis on racing, or more appropriately, winning.
There are many people and groups that have the attitude of the Europeans,
where racing is the name of the game. Thank god for the VSCCA and their
attitude! Send all the kamakazes to the SCCA or IMSA.
Jim

FOTEC IS MOVING - NEW PHONE AND FAX #s EFFECTIVE DEC 4 !!!!!
Jim Hayes                                     fotec,inc.
jeh@fotec.com                                 529 main st.
541-0037@MCImail.com                          boston,ma 02129
phone: 1-800-537-8254    1-617-396-6155       fax: 1-617-396-6395
Fotec WWW Home Page: http://www.std.com/fotec