Re: Belnap?

To: rwg1@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Belnap?
From: simon@lsil.com (Simon Favre)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 13:18:07 PDT
What you are describing sounds like the work of Nade Bourgeault. I know
he built racing specials in the 50's and 60's. I own his only Formula
Junior race car. He was known to have made street specials, and to have
raced an MG TD at one point. He was a master crafstman in Aluminum.  He
worked at a shop in Sausalito, later Mill Valley in Northern Cal.

He also liked slab-type fuel tanks, Aluminum drums, and wire wheels,
all of which my car has. He also experimented with unusual rear
suspension techniques. My Junior has a low-pivot swing axle on a VW
transaxle modified for double-jointed axles (on a split-case, no
less).

Unfortunately, very little documantation of Bourgeault's work
survives.  He passed away in the 70's. Some of his original drawings
went up in the Oakland Hills fire a few years back. Do you have any
photos of the car, especially period photos? There are still people
around who remember him, and some of his work. With a good picture
of the car, it might be possible to jog somebody's memory on this. I
constantly have people coming out of the woodwork at vintage events
who remember him building my car.