Re: Mini-Mania Mini-Sprite challenge

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mini-Mania Mini-Sprite challenge
From: "Roger Garnett" <Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 08:51:59 -5000
jimf42@mcs.com writes:

> In the first qualifier, I had the 4th fastest time.
> I managed to maintain my position and finished 3d overall, 1st in
> class and the first Mini.

Jim! I had no idea you'd worked yourself up into such a fast driver.
That's pretty exceptional placement, considering the competition at the
S-M challange! Mucho congrats!

So, I take it the "Beach Buggy from Hell" (AKA Tarzwells Moke) had
problems? He was sorting out clutch and other gremlins at Shannonville
the week before, but was looking forward to the Sprite-Moke challange.

I'll make that event one of these days, but this year I opted for a much
closer Canadian race the week before- much cheaper & faster trip.

---

I'm finally getting my "new" trailer completed- Since I picked up this
jewel of a stock car hauler, I've installed a side door, insulation,
paneling, interior lights, and lots more, painting the inside is next-
I've been spending more time sorting out the trailer than the race car
this summer, but it sure is nice to have a place to sleep, work, leave
supplies, and park the car when at home.

I've still got to figure out just what I'm going to do to convert the
Sprite from single to dual circuit brake M.C. and seperate clutch M.C.
Possibly before St. Jovite, or at least before the Glen.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!