Re: Fangio Dies / Vintage race trading cards

To: jim hayes <jeh@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Fangio Dies / Vintage race trading cards
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 14:00:55 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, jim hayes wrote:

> Fangio died monday at 84 yrs old. Another era passes.....

        So true... I had an opportunity to meet him several years back at
        the CHR... He was Grand Marshall for the event that year. I saw the
        line that was waiting to greet him and get an autograph and thought
        "I'll come back later. Of course there was no "later" and now there
        never will be...

        When will I learn? The same thing happened at the Philadelphia
        Vintage Grand Prix two years ago... I was sitting next to this
        pleasant looking older gentleman in the press tent...
        I didn't realize that it was Rene Dreyfus until much later that
        weekend. (sigh)

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois