Spridget half shafts

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget half shafts
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 15:25:55 -0500
OK, everyone knows that Sprite/Midget half shafts have a limited life when used
with race or other high HP engines- Thus the availability of the "Uprated
Competition halfshafts for $$$.

As my "warm" 948 engine makes 80 HP at best, I can get away with decent factory
units, but I'd really like to nail down which are which.

Does anyone out there know what came in which vintage cars? If you know, or
have a Sprite or Midget from 58-79, check the numbers on the hub face on the
shaft, and let me know what it is.

Here's some part numbers, for the disk wheel shafts: (sorry, I don't have the
wire wheeled numbers)

2A708 S
806 EN17B
C-BTA-940     -BMC Competition shaft#

(New Uprated shafts are available from Mini Mania & Winners circle)

I'll compile the info, and make a FAQ for the web.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!