tvr

RE: Removing trans in 2500M ?

To: "'Pat Leask'" <pleask@shaw.ca>, TVRLIST <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing trans in 2500M ?
From: "Ayer, John K" <john.k.ayer@boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:56:48 -0700
It far less frustrating to pull the whole power unit.  The tranny "tunnel"
tapers towards the rear enough so once you pull the tranny back to clear the
input shaft/clutch, it can not drop between the frame rails. And getting it
back in takes a miracle, even once you get it back into the frame, lining up
the input shaft with the clutch and pilot bearing can take days.
Ask me how I know :)

I looked at your registry recently, I will confirm that my car is still in
Seattle.
"They also serve, who only sit and wait".  It strikes me as odd that several
cars with lower #s than some '77s are listed as '76 models.  I guess that's
in keeping with the TVR way of wrinkling it's own history.

Also I never see any responses to Pat's posts... Is that because everybody
responds privately?  I suggest that we all will need to know how you told
him to do "it", sooner or later, whatever it is, since he's doing
everything!  I hope you're writing this all down for us Pat...

Kimball Ayer
'77 2500M
#3723TM
"Hogging The Garage Since 1994"