tvr

Need more help with sun roof !

To: "TVRLIST" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need more help with sun roof !
From: "Pat Leask" <pleask@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:47:03 -0800
I'm told that the middle support for the sunroof rides on top of the aluminum
side caps.... But !

This darn sunroof... ARG !

The rear of the sunroof affix's on to the body of the car (Roof) by way of
those screws/bolts that face up into the nuts welded on to the back of the
sunroof metal strip.

If I bolt on the back of the sunroof, (with the head liner loose so I can get
to the bolts) I am unable to glue the headliner up and push on that aluminum
cap (width of sunroof at back of sunroof hole) because of the metal of the
sunroof that is bolts on, is in the way (Does this make sense ?)

The only way I can think of to fit all these pieces is to put in place the
aluminum cap, and the back of the sunroof is then bolted on with the back
window out, (with the head liner off where the window sealing rubber goes)

This is the only way I can think of doing this... HELP please.... I'm going
nuts.
Thanks, Pat

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list