tvr

Refitting guts to a 2500M door

To: "TVRLIST" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Refitting guts to a 2500M door
From: "Pat Leask" <pleask@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:18:51 -0700
Sorry gang, just full of questions today !

I had to take the winding mechanisum out of the doors to replace the "wood"
(More like sawdust !). It seemed straight forward when I took them out. But
now I'm trying to put them back in it's another story.

Does the glass go ALL the way down in the door or does it stop about an inch
exposed ?

The bolt holes in the glass and the metal unit that bolts to the glass
(Sandwiching the new wood, in my case rubber) seem to go only in one pattern.
Where does the glass go when trying to fit the bolts in the correct
pattern.... all the way up or all the way down ?

When I have the glass all the way down the bolt holes do not quite line up...
just out an inch. but I can't twist (wind) the unit any more to get them to
where they should be....

Thanks for any and all help
Pat

///