tvr

2500M Electrical Questions

To: "TVR Bill Yasui" <w.yasui@utoronto.ca>,
Subject: 2500M Electrical Questions
From: "Pat Leask" <pleask@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:51:38 -0700
I'm at the point of electrical now....   need I say more ?

Due to the kind help of a couple of "Listners" I have a couple of wiring
diagrams. Neither really seem to be all that accurate in some cases. I will
admit, I am not much of a wiring kind of person but I guess I will have to
learn the hard way.

Some questions please (paticually if you have a stock (TR6) motor:

1. The coil has a "+" and a "-". The Neg goes to the ground, the "+" goes to
the dist. That is all I have. Is there not a wire from somewhere that feeds
the coil power ??

2. Is the Tac wire to the "+" side ?

3. Alternator. It is a "Wilson" and has two big fat brown wires that are
bolted on. There is also two spades... one is a big thick brown with blue
stripe that goes where ?

The other is Brown with a yellow stripe... where does it go ?
Does it matter if either of these two are switched ? (How can I tell) ?

Thanks all, Pat
PS: More questions to come I'm sure....

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list