tvr

Re: Vixen front spring free lengths and rate?

To: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Subject: Re: Vixen front spring free lengths and rate?
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:30:22 -0800
John,
 Have your shocks been changed? both the upper and lower spring perches
WILL affect ride height. (yes, BOTH will).
 Unless you are trying to achieve a plush comfortable ride I would try
avoid lowering the spring rate or cutting the springs. Adjustable perch
shocks would allow you to set the level where you want. (within reason)

Bill

-------------

Dr John Upham wrote:

> Dear All,
>      The front of my Vixen S3 is sitting too high. The rear seems
>      about right on
>
>      4 x 65 lb/inch (measured on a spring compressor
>      at Reading University) of 14" free length
>
>      The fronts are 185 lb/inch and 13" free length (I think
>      but not sure).
>
>      Bearing in mind I'm using a 1600 Kent Crossflow engine with
>      an alloy bellhousing, can anyone recommend some front
>      spring spec figures please?
>
>      I reckon the car is nose up by around 1-2 inches too much.
>
>      Best Regards,
>
>      John
>

> --
> Dr John Upham, The UKMotorSport Index,
> http://www.ukmotorsport.com/, webmaster@ukmotorsport.com,
> Voice: +44 (0) 976 634 053 (W), Voice: +44 (0) 125 287 2551 (H),
> Voice: +44 (0) 976 634 053 (M)
> Registered address: Reid House, Mill Hall, Cuckfield, West Sussex RH17
> 5HX
> Registered number: 3445711

Shop Safely Online Without a Credit Card
http://www.rocketcash.com