tvr

Re: tvr,s

Subject: Re: tvr,s
From: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:28:52 +0000
Craig,
   I have copied your enquiry to the US TVR mailing list in the
   hope that someone can shed some light on your problem.

Polly, Craig J wrote:

> Hello John,
>                   I've hit a problem with my 1800s rebuild. I have been
> rebuilding the brakes and I have found that the new TR6 disc's that I have
> bought do not allow the brake calipers to fit. The old disc's that I took
> off are a good 1" smaller on the o/dia .Does this mean that I need the
> caliper mounting plate from a TR6 ?.

  As far as I knew, TR6 discs are 10.75" in diametre but I'm no expert
  on TR6s.

I am now a little concerned that I have
> the correct uprights and steering arms as I have had a quick look at my
> 2500m and it seems on quick inspection that the mounting holes in the
> steering arms may be different.

  I think the Ms use different steering arms to Vixens.

The rear brakes are also smaller than TR6
> items which adds to my confusion.

  It adds to mine as well. I would expect 9" drums at the rear.

>                 From your parts list the upright should be herald drum brake
> these obviously allow the fitment of larger TR6 disc's but do they have any
> identification features ?. The ones I have the steering arm passes through
> them.
>
> Any advice would be helpful
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig