tvr

FW: Differential

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Differential
From: "Liebetreu, Pete" <PLiebetreu@Hunter.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:27:05 -0500
Stephen's recent comments about the differential are interesting.  I wish I
had known the c-clamp trick a couple of months ago.  Although its success
may depend somewhat from on differential to another.  The point is it
worked.  Personally I ended up making a diff spreader that looked something
like the one in the service manual.  It worked great.

My 2500 has a removable panel underneath the carpeting that allows access to
the diff.  I haven't actually tried to remove the diff that way...looks
extreemly difficult at best.  There is definately no way to get at it from
under the car.

Pete Liebetreu
'72 TVR 2500