tvr

Hillclimbing Vixen

To: TVR@autox.team.net
Subject: Hillclimbing Vixen
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:30:43 EDT
Listers,

Well, I got through the hillclimb weekend, no major problems.  Drove the car
on to the trailer Sunday afternoon looking and running just like it did on
Friday.

Weather was pretty good, if you like it hot.

Six timed runs on Sat., six more on Sunday (due to the low turnout of maybe
35 cars).  I made every run except the last one on Sunday.  I wasn't getting
any faster, I was pretty tired, I figured why take a chance.

Quite a range of cars; vintage Volvo, Porsche,(one bathtub, and one Spyder
replica) MGA,TR6, assorted formula cars from FV's to FF's to FC, and even a
homemade snowmobile-engined special.  Throw in some Mazda's, Honda's, GTI's,
and some fire-breathing Detroit iron.......you get the picture.

I ran in "Historic 1"  An under 2 litre class.  There was only one other car
in my class, an Opel GT.  He got second place.

Next hillclimb in two weeks.  The Pagoda Hillclimb in Reading, PA.

The Northeast PA Region SCCA has a pretty decent hillclimb section at their
web site, for those looking for info.

www.nepa-scca.com

Later...

Rich Rock