tvr

RE: 2500m, Vixenwheels, Cotina lights

To: "'tvr@autox.team.net'" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 2500m, Vixenwheels, Cotina lights
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:18:56 -0800
I was missing the original plastic TVR disks, so turned some aluminum disks
with an interference fit.  They worked fine.  Another solution I considered
was using the TR6 chrome disks (the TR6 emblem can be removed), then screw
them into a "slug" drifted into the center of the wheel.  Since then I have
picked up some of the TVR plastic disks, which I think I will use.

On another topic, what do you think of the idea of splitting 8 of the
original alloy wheels and rewelding them (concentrically, on a lathe), to
achieve a max width rim which takes a fatter tire??  I have the rims, and
access to the machine/welding shop.  Just an idea at this time.
Sowhatdayathink?

Last thought.  No, make it a bitch.  Ever noticed when you pick up a mag
with an article on TVR's, and it contains a concise history of the models,
they NEVER refer to a TVR 2500?  Mind you, I suppose they come by it
honestly.  Look at the UK TVR Car Club website, under their history of the
Vixen Series:  http://www.domino.com/tvrcc/   There is no recognition that a
Triumph engined Vixen ever existed, even though there was more production of
this model than any other TVR that I can recall (perhaps excepting the
current models.  Go figure.

Stephen
TVR 2500