tvr

Le Mans/Sebring

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Le Mans/Sebring
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:36:32 -0400
Dear all;

Its my impression that "Old Blue" didn't race at Le Mans, but IS believed
to have been driven by Mark Donohue at Sebring.  Ensley owns two granturas,
one in parts that he used to race, and Old Blue, that he now and again
drives and shows.  Old Blue is a very nice car: 1622 (or is it 1600?)
B-series engine with a period x-flow head, twin Del Orto carbs and an OD
box.  In my Detroit days I was a regular customer/visitor to his shop with
my lbcs.  He's now restoring a flat-rad twin-spare Morgan +4.  He also owns
and drives a silver/red 280i.  I've worn out the knees in three pairs of
jeans begging him to sell me one of his granturas.

cheers,
Will "grantura-less" Zehring