tvr

RE: Painting the valve cover

To: "'tvr@autox.team.net'" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Painting the valve cover
From: "Hill, Stephen M AETT:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:47:46 -0700
Your approach depends a lot on what you have access to.  In the ideal world
you would throw it in a solvent tank, bead blast, then spray with a primer
for two part paint,  and spray a topcoat using a two part paint.

The minimalist approach is wash out the grease and grime in a  large tub of
solvent, sand out scratches and rusty areas, use a spray bomb (aka aeresol)
lacquer primer, then use a spray bomb enamel for a top coat.  Engine enamel
is probably not even essential.

The first is faster, and would produce a better job.  The second, if done
right, will still give you satisfactory results.    I am afraid I fall into
the second camp because my shop does not have all the toys.

Stephen
1972 2500