tvr

Re: More 2500M wiring harness stuff (not to long)

To: GRIFF65@aol.com
Subject: Re: More 2500M wiring harness stuff (not to long)
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:56:05 EST
In a message dated 11/11/98 7:02:43 AM Central Standard Time, GRIFF65@aol.com
writes:

Dave:

   I am guessing this was sortof directed to me so I'll try
to answer your questions.

<<
 Hey there, I never really thought of getting a new British harness. I figured
 I was just going to get a newer version of all the same problems. >>

Prob'ly not because you've got to remember what your driving is
HOW old??  How many times have you taken bullet connectors
apart and cleaned them??  None I'll bet.  That's when problems
start (and hide themselves very well<G>).

<<The layout (what with the fuses all over the place, etc.) of their
harnesses is just so  whacky. >>

Mostly just in the TVR series because of their uniqueness and
changes that kept occuring.

<>

Well, the real problem here is that since your cars have so many differences
or changes each one is practically unique.  "Grounds run back to the
fuse terminal."  Why?  No car or truck I know of has this.

<< The thought of melted plastic really scares me!! >>

Not just you<G>!!

<<What are the replacement harnesses like? >>

Like new.

<<Are they better than the originals? >>

Of course, they are NEW!!<G>

<<Can they be made to order with better wire, connectors
and design but modeled after the original for fit? >>

Sure.  Next size wire up, soldered connectors (bullets) and
exactly patterned as yours.

<< A rewire job seems a daunting task no matter which way you go! >>

Not to bad.  Think about doing your modern car!!  Now THAT would
be VERY daunting<G><G>!!

<<  Spaghetti again? >>

Not unless you make it that way (or already have done so or
the PO has done so, or the PPO, etc.)!!<G>

Hope this helps.

           Ed

Ed Kaler, Proprieto
" Just Brits "