tvr

Re: Re Squash tubes

To: rolf@star.inst.bnl.gov
Subject: Re: Re Squash tubes
From: GRIFF65@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:23:03 EDT
They are readily available through Gene Bird (814) 288-6911. I'm not sure the
dimensions are the whole story. I would think the metal used must have the
right "squash-a-bility" so that the bearing are loaded correctly. They are not
very expensive either. Why take the chance and hassle? A fried bearing could
cause a lot of very expensive damage to you hub carrier and stub axle, getting
the correct part in this already weak area would be worth the minor expense of
the original parts.