tvr

Re: What Was I Thinking...

To: Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: What Was I Thinking...
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:28:32 -0400
At 12:46 PM 8/16/98 EDT, you wrote:

>A 57 Dual Ghia for $4200 from a guy named Hoagy Carmichael
>A concours winning Ginetta G-4 for $2900
>An Omega (you TVR types may know this as an Intermechanica, or Torino
 or
>even a Griffith 600) for $4500
>A Maserati Tipo A6G/2000 for $3000
>An AC Ace for $1000
>An AC ACECA for $2400
>An AC Bristol for 3000
>An Abarth double bubble for $1275
>An Arnolt Bristol for $2900
>A 289 AC Cobra for $3500
>XK-120's for $600->$1500   many of 'em
>'67 XKE for $3600
>A Morgan +4 for $1250
>A Lotus Elan for $2550
>A Porsche Carrera Speedster for $4995
>A choice of Shelby GT-350's at $2500
>and my personal fav..Ferrari 275 GTB's for $6000 ->$8000

I love this!  I was at a friend's house back in may and we were paging
through early issues of the SCCA club magazine.  You could buy Bob Tulius'
race car from the previous year by calling him at his Virgina home.  Dang.

I look at these sorts of things and I realize that I'm about three decades
too late for this hobby, in many respects.  Let's see...  I'll take all the
ACs, the Abarth, and the '67 e-type.  That comes to...   just under 12,000
for five sports cars.   aaackkk!

Will