tvr

Vixen resto

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vixen resto
From: Rolf Beuttenmuller <rolf@star.inst.bnl.gov>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 08:18:02 -0500
To the OLD TVR owner list.
I'm not sure who's idea this was but I hope it takes off. I did enjoy
the all the chater about the NEW TVR's but it was a tad frustrating
knowing that I could never get one here in the states.

I have a 1970 Vixen S2 purchased in England in 1972 from the original
owner. It was just repainted by Lenny at Coachworks (Gaithersburg MD) as
usual his work is impressive. I have now removed the freshly painted
body from the frame and stripped the frame completly of all its parts.
There are a couple of cracks in the chassis and also the body mounting
plates were almost rusted  through. I will be replacing all of the
suspension bits with polyurethane. and repaint the chassis with paint
from Eastwoods.

Got to go duty calls. I will keep you all informed of my progress. I am
also open to suggestions to make my project easier.

Rolf