[TR] Sound Deading Insulation

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net> vHoHk+yEitKlOMajA5NptrVKsGwVfYs7wzEFNp/4oecazHbsWqAQ72la4dkv13aEgDDsJXVWXelsz5iwcU3Iw1SN0cFiqyeEemaTpaRgGpUCFBdxX1u2fbqR
Subject: [TR] Sound Deading Insulation
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:03:37 -0500
        I hope everyone is enjoying renovation/repair season. This year I was
able to run my TR6 until past Christmas before the roads were salted.
        I'm thinking of adding sound insulation panels of my transmission
tunnel over the winter, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has done it
and what their results were. I have sound deadening material left over from
another project I did on my wife's BMW Z4, but that was doing the doors to
eliminate the tinny sound when the doors were shut. BMW said it eliminated the
sound deadening material in the doors to reduce excessive weight. This is in a
car with A/C and power seats...
        In doing either the transmission tunnel or the whole interior did the
sound insulation reduce road noise?  I'm a bit hesitant about doing the whole
interior as my car is original and I'm leery of adding material that may be
almost impossible to remove during a restoration.  In any case, I'd like to
hear other peoples experience in doing this possible project.
        Best,
        Bob
        '72 TR6

** triumphs@autox.team.net **