[TR] High Ratio Steering Rack

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] High Ratio Steering Rack
From: Harry <harrymague@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 02:15:14 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954

I have had the high ratio steering rack on my TR6 for a number of years.=C2=
=A0 When I had the standard rack on the car, each year I would grease the r=
ack and pinion.=C2=A0 I had a sticking front brake that cause some damage t=
o the front suspension so I starting looking at the high ratio rack to see =
if the was any damage.=C2=A0 I pull the rack off the car and took the rubbe=
r boots.=C2=A0 I found that the tie rods grease was hard.=C2=A0 Then I wond=
ered about the rack and pinion.=C2=A0 Now I have no clue how I could check =
or grease the rack and pinion.=C2=A0 One of the tie rod balls was very hard=
 to move and all I can do is try in grease the ball.Does any body have a so=
urce for information about the high ratio rack?=C2=A0 There must be some wa=
y to take the rack apart?=C2=A0 Thanks in advance for any info.Harry
------=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954

font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 14pt;">I have had the
high ratio steering rack on my TR6 for a number of years.&nbsp; When I had the
standard rack on the car, each year I would grease the rack and pinion.&nbsp; I
had a sticking front brake that cause some damage to the front suspension so I
starting looking at the high ratio rack to see if the was any damage.&nbsp; I
pull the rack off the car and took the rubber boots.&nbsp; I found that the tie
rods grease was hard.&nbsp; Then I wondered about the rack and pinion.&nbsp;
Now I have no clue how I could check or grease the rack and pinion.&nbsp; One
of the tie rod balls was very hard to move and all I can do is try in grease
the ball.</span></div>
font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 14pt;">Does any body
have a source for information about the high ratio rack?&nbsp; There must be
some way to take the rack apart?&nbsp; Thanks in advance for any
info.</span></div>
font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="font-size:
14pt;">Harry</span></div>
------=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954--

--===============0115246593632851157==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **