Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive column switch wire routing?

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive column switch wire routing?
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:42:55 -0400

--000000000000c4677c05ff757e79

I didn't know any better, so I just stuck min under the cover and it worked
fine. 75 TR6.

On Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 18:30 <jerryvvtr4a@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tony I agree with Andrew, it's not easy but they can be bundled with the
> other wires and all clamped together in that cable tray. I've done it. An
> option is to buy some new wire in the correct colors from British Wiring
> which seem to be a smaller overall dia. And replace the wires supplied wi=
th
> the new OD switch. They sell wire by the foot in the correct colors.
> JVV

iv dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 18:30  &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:jerryvvtr4a@gmail.com";>jerryvvtr4a@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><=
/div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-le=
ft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Tony I agree with Andrew, it&#39;s not =
easy but they can be bundled with the other wires and all clamped together =
in that cable tray. I&#39;ve done it. An option is to buy some new wire in =
the correct colors from British Wiring which seem to be a smaller overall d=
ia. And replace the wires supplied with the new OD switch. They sell wire b=
y the foot in the correct colors.<br>
JVV<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Triumphs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net"; targe=
t=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt; On =
Behalf Of auprichard <a href=3D"http://uprichard.net"; rel=3D"noreferrer nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank">uprichard.net</a><br>
Sent: Saturday, July 1, 2023 1:15 PM<br>
To: Anthony Rhodes &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spamiam@comcast.net"; target=3D"_bl=
ank" rel=3D"noreferrer">spamiam@comcast.net</a>&gt;; <a href=3D"mailto:triu=
mphs@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">triumphs@autox.te=
am.net</a><br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive column switch wire routing?<br>
Hey, Tony:=C2=A0 what do I tell ya?=C2=A0 It&#39;s not for the faint-hearte=
d!<br>
It is tight, but they will fit.=C2=A0 The long narrow cover you describe sh=
ould be removed first and then replaced after you have fed all the wires th=
rough.<br>
Andrew<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
I am looking for advice, even photos, of how to route the wires from an ove=
rdrive switch (mounts to the left hand escutcheon) on my left hand drive TR=
4A<br>
I am going to be adding an overdrive to my transmission this fall, and I am=
 trying to get the =E2=80=9Ceasy stuff=E2=80=9D done ahead of time.=C2=A0 <=
br>
As I look at the column with the original escutcheon halves removed, I do n=
ot see a good way to get the wires into the column =E2=80=9Chead=E2=80=9D t=
o join the other switch wires.=C2=A0 =C2=A0There does not seem to be much r=
oom to feed them in without pinching against the metal of the column, but i=
f it goes forward of the turn signal switch.=C2=A0 =C2=A0And if the wires p=
ass rearward of that switch then they could interfere with the self-cancell=
ing mechanism.<br>
And then once the wires are in there, how do they get fed down and out the =
column to go into that long narrow cover on the bottom of the column along =
with the other wires<br>
And those wires already there seem to completely FILL the available space i=
nside that cover!<br>
How do I free up that cover to get<br>
It loose enough to pass the OD wires?<br>
So many questions!!!=C2=A0 Sorry!!<br>
-Tony<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>