[TR] TR7 question

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR7 question
From: Tom Walling <pdqtr6@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 18:12:43 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_1965_1218264632.1687903963396

I'm an "old hand" with the earlier TRs, having owned a TR3 and a TR6 for many
years, but I now find myself in new territory with a 1979 TR7 in my garage.

First question (of many to come) for the list: There is a vacuum motor attached
to a heat sensor to open and close a flap in the air intake to prevent
carburetor icing I think. I can see that the sensor connects to the vacuum
motor with a rubber hose, but where does the vacuum come from? The sensor has 2
nipples, and it probably doesn't matter which is connected to the source or the
motor, but what is the source of the vacuum? It must be either the intake
manifold or one of the carburetors, but where?

Interestingly, the Rimmer Bros. catalog shows a short piece of tubing that they
think connects the 2 sensor nipples! And of course they don't stock it anyway.

------=_Part_1965_1218264632.1687903963396

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
with the earlier TRs, having owned a TR3 and a TR6 for many years, but I now
find myself in new territory with a 1979 TR7 in my garage.</span>
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
many to come) for the list: There is a vacuum motor attached to a heat sensor
to open and close a flap in the air intake to prevent carburetor icing I think.
I can see that the sensor connects to the vacuum motor with a rubber hose, but
where does the vacuum come from? The sensor has 2 nipples, and it probably
doesn't matter which is connected to the source or the motor, but what is the
source of the vacuum? It must be either the intake manifold or one of the
carburetors, but where?</span>
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
Rimmer Bros. catalog shows a short piece of tubing that they think connects the
2 sensor nipples! And of course they don't stock it anyway.</span>

--===============8513956046411465416==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============8513956046411465416==--