Re: [TR] TR list traffic

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR list traffic
From: Bob <yellowtr@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 07:13:56 -0400

--------------A55CEA1FE8C9FD07D7E55F4B

Greg,

Yes gmail should not be your email server of choice. Not sure of their
motives but google is well known for censorship. Heck even my email
client (thunderbird) thinks some posts from the list are spam. Maybe the
servers/email clients are trying to prevent hacks I guess.

Another problem is that many smtp/pop servers require different modes of
authentication that can prevent emails from getting from sender to
recipient. I recently had to change my Triumph email account due to the
many (probe) messages received stating that the list server received an
error from my older mail server. Funny thing is the probe messages were
received but the email in question was not, all from the same smtp server.

Funny thing is when I was in the business, we would say this funny
phrase when something went wrong:

"The state of the moon flag must not have been set correctly"

BTW, I got the 63 4 out the other day. Started great after over an 8
month nap. Great to be able to get in the drivers seat after a long winter.

Bob

On 5/7/23 8:48 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:
> Same problem here with Gmail, I never see my emails to the list come
> through at all, and it seems like a third to two-thirds of the regular
> list traffic goes to spam, but I agree that overall the number of
> users and posts seems to be down.  Though in the early days I was on
> the Austin Healey list, so I guess can't really speak to traffic then.
>
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
>
> On Sun, May 7, 2023, 7:10 PM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmail.com
>
>     On 5/7/23 7:43 AM, John Macartney wrote:
>     > Looking back down the years, this list seems to have a far
>     smaller population than when I joined it in the nineties. Granted,
>     we have had some sad departures as a result of anno domini etc,
>     but is it now populated mostly by non-contributing lurkers who
>     have been here a long time, or has it seen many migrations to
>     other places - or what? Your thoughts / knowledge would be
>     interesting.
>     >
>     > Jonmac
>
>     I'm one of the few that was on the original British car mail list
>     before
>     it got chopped up into marque lists who has become basically a
>     lurker. I
>     think much is that Google has been putting Triumph list postings
>     in its
>     junk file before I even see it. I just seem to be able to tell it
>     that
>     individual list member postings are not junk. I either never see
>     postings from a lot of people or well after they posted it when I go
>     into google mail to look for mail that is not junk. I don't have that
>     problem with FOT mail. Google lets that one through real time.
>
>     I seldom post because I really have nothing TR related to say or a
>     thread is old by the time I pull it out of Google junk.
>
>     On the other hand Eureka has a 2 seater car gathering coming up on 10
>     June. My TR3 intends to be there.
>
>     TeriAnn
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
>     http://www.team.net/archive
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/yellowtr@roadrunner.com

--------------A55CEA1FE8C9FD07D7E55F4B

  <head>
  </head>
      their motives but google is well known for censorship. Heck even
      my email client (thunderbird) thinks some posts from the list are
      spam. Maybe the servers/email clients are trying to prevent hacks
      I guess.</p>
      modes of authentication that can prevent emails from getting from
      sender to recipient. I recently had to change my Triumph email
      account due to the many (probe) messages received stating that the
      list server received an error from my older mail server. Funny
      thing is the probe messages were received but the email in
      question was not, all from the same smtp server. <br>
      funny phrase when something went wrong:</p>
      an 8 month nap. Great to be able to get in the drivers seat after
      a long winter.</p>
cite="mid:CAFtw3ab_+20awtB6CkhFn61RvMUky_iqti6mc6TfDHK7fjpbNg@mail.gmail.com">
        emails to the list come through at all, and it seems like a
        third to two-thirds of the regular list traffic goes to spam,
        but I agree that overall the number of users and posts seems to
        be down.  Though in the early days I was on the Austin Healey
        list, so I guess can't really speak to traffic then.
          TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a href="mailto:tjwakeman@gmail.com";
            moz-do-not-send="true">tjwakeman@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 5/7/23
          7:43 AM, John Macartney wrote:<br>
          &gt; Looking back down the years, this list seems to have a
          far smaller population than when I joined it in the nineties.
          Granted, we have had some sad departures as a result of anno
          domini etc, but is it now populated mostly by non-contributing
          lurkers who have been here a long time, or has it seen many
          migrations to other places - or what? Your thoughts /
          knowledge would be interesting.<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; Jonmac<br>
          I'm one of the few that was on the original British car mail
          list before <br>
          it got chopped up into marque lists who has become basically a
          lurker. I <br>
          think much is that Google has been putting Triumph list
          postings in its <br>
          junk file before I even see it. I just seem to be able to tell
          it that <br>
          individual list member postings are not junk. I either never
          see <br>
          postings from a lot of people or well after they posted it
          when I go <br>
          into google mail to look for mail that is not junk. I don't
          have that <br>
          problem with FOT mail. Google lets that one through real time.<br>
          I seldom post because I really have nothing TR related to say
          or a <br>
          thread is old by the time I pull it out of Google junk.<br>
          On the other hand Eureka has a 2 seater car gathering coming
          up on 10 <br>
          June. My TR3 intends to be there.<br>
          TeriAnn<br>
          ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
          **<br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
            noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com</a><br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>