Re: [TR] Calling anyone with transmission rebuilding experience - 2nd at

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Calling anyone with transmission rebuilding experience - 2nd attempt, part2
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 00:35:06 -0400

--------------LwDqHHz0F7O0nLA2gMX1dILi

It looks like your bearing is shy of the edge of the gear! Stacking the
bushes, your collars should be captured in the bush stack, not by the
gear.  The clip thickness and which side I was referring to your 'non-
reusable' circlip

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net   www.teglerizer.com

--------------LwDqHHz0F7O0nLA2gMX1dILi

  <head>
  </head>
      Stacking the bushes, your collars should be captured in the bush
      stack, not by the gear.  The clip thickness and which side I was
      referring to your 'non- reusable' circlip  <br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAGkVM29HjkWZMR++_GGKkONW2m6XreuFp++CjY7QZjLWz2GCHQ@mail.gmail.com">
        process of trying to stack the bushes, etc when I discovered the
        main shaft being oversize.   Guessing RTFM refers to reading the
        manual?    The pertinent pages have gotten quite stained from my
        greasy finger prints.
          correct?   I did not notice that there was a difference in the
          edges - maybe that was why when I was checking the stack up of
          parts aft of the split collar the split collars rotated as I
          turned first gear even though the stack up of parts was in the
          tolerance range.   I need to go have a closer look at the
          collars - I did not notice a difference in edges of the OD.  I
          do not remember seeing any notation in the Bentleys about
          split collar orientation.   I think you have answered my
          question about the cause of the rotation of the split collars
          and prevented me from repeating the problem!  Thank you!</div>
          first gear with one (of the two) split collar placed in the
          pocket of the gear.  Since the adjoining part facing this side
          of first gear is the shift hub (splined to the main shaft, and
          the synchro keyed to the shift hub) the only way for the
          collars to rotate relative to the shaft is if being driven by
          1st gear.<br>
              href="mailto:ptegler@verizon.net"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">ptegler@verizon.net</a>&gt;<br>
            Subject: Re: [TR] Calling anyone with transmission
            rebuilding experience - 2nd attempt, part2<br>
                to pre-install the bushes to determine the required
                thickness of the circlip You se the clearance by
                selecting the right thickness washer  As stated all too
                often you need to RTFM.   improper assy will be short
                lived. You'll be pulling the tranny again MUCH sooner
                than expected as 2nd gear CRUNCH will not be avoidable
                when the clip goes out again. <b>You even need to pay
                  attention to which side of the clip faces the splines.
                  The SQUARE edge needs to face the spline lips.<br>
                  The rounded one leads to exactly what has destroyed
                  your shaft as pictured</b></p>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>