Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in my TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in my TR4A
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:43:23 -0500

--------------93F2sEfwgrRgOrWEdHzaXI1G

you can purchase small ultrasonic alarms.... little box designed to
sense spacial changes.
Leave the doors unlocked ( to protect your ragtop)   open a door and the
alarm sounds.   Stand alone so the sound is LOUD inside the car, and any
vibration will trigger your normal alarm.
Crimestopper makes good simple cheap alarms, two stage vibration
sensors...  chirp chirp  or full alam triggered

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net   www.teglerizer.com

--------------93F2sEfwgrRgOrWEdHzaXI1G

  <head>
  </head>
      to sense spacial changes.<br>
      Leave the doors unlocked ( to protect your ragtop)   open a door
      and the alarm sounds.   Stand alone so the sound is LOUD inside
      the car, and any vibration will trigger your normal alarm.<br>
      Crimestopper makes good simple cheap alarms, two stage vibration
      sensors...  chirp chirp  or full alam triggered</p>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAFtw3aZ_jfNreMiVEHPHthajoaW23sYpEprq6t=OxCgLGXxMcw@mail.gmail.com">
        car as close to the motel as possible in a well lit area.
          dave northrup &lt;<a href="mailto:dave@ranteer.com";
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">dave@ranteer.com</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I don't know
          about the rest of you, but I never lock the door on the TR6.
          I'd rather lose something in the car (I never leave anything
          valuable in there) than have the top slashed.<br>
          I have traveled many miles and stayed in many small towns and
          some big ones  I am unaware of anything ever being stolen.<br>
          I think the real answer to your question, and it wouldn't
          matter what car you were in, is don't leave stuff in the car!
          the good news is that you don't have to worry about your
          catalytic converter being stolen!!!<br>
          -----Original Message-----<br>
          From: Triumphs &lt;<a
            href="mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net";
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
          On Behalf Of Dave Connitt<br>
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">rrochlin@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br>
          Cc: Triumphs &lt;<a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
          Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in
          my TR4A<br>
          Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my
          TR4A. My concern is more about preventing someone from
          stealing something out of the car when while we are parked
          somewhere on the road. I was originally planning on just
          locking the doors but someone locally said that if the doors
          are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess
          I could just store the valuable things in the locked trunk?<br>
          Dave<br>
          Sent from my iPhone<br>
          &gt; On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:08 PM, Robert Rochlin &lt;<a
            href="mailto:rrochlin@comcast.net"; target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">rrochlin@comcast.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          &gt; <br>
          &gt; Hi Dave,<br>
          &gt;    It sounds like a great trip, being planned well in
          advance.<br>
          &gt;     I think that one thing you might consider is that
          professional thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply
          pull the target cars up and are off in a matter of minutes,
          often without opening the doors.  In order to thwart them, as
          part of your alarm system use motion/vibration switches so
          that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off.  Most of us
          protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the
          car leave under its own power. <br>
          &gt;    Best,<br>
          &gt;    Bob<br>
          &gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; On Jan 11, 2023, at 11:40 AM, Dave Connitt &lt;<a
            href="mailto:dconnitt@fuse.net"; target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">dconnitt@fuse.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Hello Everyone,<br>
          &gt;&gt; This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip
          out west in my TR4A. Has anyone installed a alarm system in a
          TR4A?<br>
          &gt;&gt; I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I
          think I would like to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I
          would also like a motion sensor. Our route starts in
          Cincinnati heading first to Colorado Springs, Co. to drive up
          Pikes Peak with a bunch of local TriState Triumph people. Then
          my wife and I will head out by ourselves to visit Mt.
          Rushmore, then up to Yellowstone then east through the
          badlands and on to home. Thatâ??s a lot of motels to stop at and
          if I canâ??t park right in front of the entrance, I will not be
          sleeping very well.<br>
          &gt;&gt; I know I will have to add door switches and another
          one for the hood. I am planning on adding a courtesy light
          anyway so the door switches are already planned.<br>
          &gt;&gt; Thanks in advance!<br>
          &gt;&gt; Dave Connitt<br>
          &gt;&gt; DavesTR4A.com<br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
          &gt;&gt; ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          &gt;&gt; Archive: <a
            href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rrochlin@comcast.net";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rrochlin@comcast.net</a><br>
          &gt; <br>
          ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave@ranteer.com";
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave@ranteer.com</a><br>

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com</a><br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>