Re: [TR] Voltage Stabilizers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Voltage Stabilizers
From: Anthony Rhodes <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 17:53:37 -0400
Probably it is broken

Time for a new one.   We discussed this recently and devised a decent improved
design.  Perhaps someone made one and made an extra one too.  (The added cost
is low)

These commercial units are insufficiently protected and donâ??t even have the
specifically recommended filtering.

I made one many years ago and used the device specifications re: filter
capacitors.  And I avoided aluminum electrolytics because these have a limited
lifetime especially around heat.  But I donâ??t have any spares any more.

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine

> On Jul 8, 2022, at 3:13 PM, triumphs-request@autox.team.net wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 13:59:16 -0400
> From: David Friedlander <forzion7@gmail.com>
> To: Pete Groudas <petegroudas@gmail.com>
> Cc: New England Triumphs <net@newenglandtriumphs.org>, TR3 Triumphs
>    <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [TR] [NET] Voltage Stabilizers
>
> Thanks, Pete. I have now connected the stabilizer as you suggested and on
> an applied input
> voltage of 12.61 volts, the stabilizer reads 4.25 volts on output. Time for
> another stabilizer?

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Unsubscribe/Manage: