[TR] Oil pressure sending switch

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Oil pressure sending switch
From: davgil@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 22:15:46 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_263976_1880542543.1628460946613

Wanted to validate my understanding of the low oil pressure sending switch =
on a 1976 TR6.=C2=A0 I noted that a wire was not hooked up and when I hooke=
d it up, the oil pressure warning light came on and stayed on when the car =
was cranked.=C2=A0 In the 25 years I have owned this vehicle, I have never =
seen the low oil pressure light on so didn't realize that there was a probl=
em. I put a meter from the switch to the positive battery terminal.=C2=A0 W=
hen I crank the car, there is 13.7 volts, regardless of the oil pressure.=
=C2=A0 My sense is that the switch should only ground under very low oil pr=
essure, and that when suitable pressure is achieved, the ground is disconne=
cted.=C2=A0 My assumption is that there is an internal short in the switch =
which is keeping the ground connected regardless of oil pressure.=C2=A0 Wou=
ld this be a correct assumption, or is there another issue?=C2=A0=C2=A0Davi=
d Gill1976 TR6
------=_Part_263976_1880542543.1628460946613

of the low oil pressure sending switch on a 1976 TR6.&nbsp; I noted that a wire
was not hooked up and when I hooked it up, the oil pressure warning light came
on and stayed on when the car was cranked.&nbsp; In the 25 years I have owned
this vehicle, I have never seen the low oil pressure light on so didn't realize
that there was a problem. I put a meter from the switch to the positive battery
terminal.&nbsp; When I crank the car, there is 13.7 volts, regardless of the
oil pressure.&nbsp; My sense is that the switch should only ground under very
low oil pressure, and that when suitable pressure is achieved, the ground is
disconnected.&nbsp; My assumption is that there is an internal short in the
switch which is keeping the ground connected regardless of oil pressure.&nbsp;
Would this be a correct assumption, or is there another issue?&nbsp;&nbsp;

------=_Part_263976_1880542543.1628460946613--

--===============2818374950250044411==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============2818374950250044411==--