Re: [TR] TR4A Engine Mounts - Which One

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Engine Mounts - Which One
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 20:05:49 -0600
I don't know about correctness, but the round ones seem to last better
than the rectangular ones.  I got a set of heavy duty round mounts from
Revington years ago and they're still going strong. I'd kill the regular
ones in a couple of year (of racing).  The Tilton clutch I started out
with didn't help matters much.

Cheers, Tony DRews

On 2/28/2021 3:14 PM, Jim Henningsen wrote:
> Ok, was just looking at my TRA TR4/4A judging book and they show that the 4A
> should have a trapezoidal engine mount and not the round one for TR4.  My
> factory TR4A parts catalog has a picture of a round engine mount like the
> TR4 (part number 130985).  The Roadster factory lists the round one under
> that part number which is what I ordered and installed. I had to install a
> thick round shim on the new round mounts to lift engine front fan extension
> tube off the steering rack (it was rubbing).  Moss lists a rectangular mount
> (810-015) with picture.  Which is the correct for a TR4A?  Any pearls of
> wisdom out there?
> Many thanks,
> Jim Henningsen
> Ocala FL