Re: [TR] Wheel bearing races

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wheel bearing races
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 19:52:40 -0600
The "how to get them out" posts seem to be spot on.  A tip for driving
the new ones in - you can use the bench grinder on your old races to
make them slightly smaller diameter and use them (with other suitable
implements of destruction) to drive the new ones in.

On driving them out - many hubs have a little cutout in a couple of
spots to give you better access to the back side of the race. Not sure
about the TR hub, but clean all the grease out and look for those.

Cheers, Tony Drews

On 2/26/2021 4:59 PM, Jim Henningsen wrote:
> Ok, havenâ??t changed these out by myself before and want to learn to do it
> correctly.  Redoing front suspension on myTR4a.  Looking for recommendations
> on removing the front wheel bearing races so I donâ??t damage the hub.  Same
> as a Tr6.  Thought Iâ??d ask our experts since I didnâ??t see a triumph post
> on YouTube and I donâ??t always trust YouTube.
> Jim Henningsen
> Ocala, fl
> 61 3
> 62 4