[TR] 4A engine question

To: "'TR3 Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 4A engine question
From: "Jim Henningsen" <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 11:26:10 -0500
How much clearance should there be between the steering rack and the front
fan crank extension?  On my recently acquired 67 4A, I have visible wear on
the crank extension from rubbing the steering rack.  I replaced both engine
mounts that needed to be changed with new round ones.  The car had a
rectangular one and a round one on the other side.  Go figure.  I now have
only .010 inch space between the rack and extension.  I suppose any amount
is good, but that seems small.  Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
34471