Re: [TR] Valve train noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Valve train noise
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:17:31 -0500

--------------0B2170C5DD7229C58960C2E6

Give http://triumphrescue.com/ a call or email. They did a wonderful job
on my 3 engine awhile back. Located in PA. I am sure you could ship your
rocker shaft to them and get a fast return.

If the noise is not from the rocker, maybe your chain tension-er is broken.

Bob

On 11/13/20 2:52 PM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
> Or just the age of the rockers.  They start out with a nice rounded
> contact area where they contact the top of the valve stem but over
> time they get a flat spot pounded into them which can cause them to
> make for more clatter.
>
> Dave

  <head>
  </head>
href="http://triumphrescue.com/";>http://triumphrescue.com/</a> a call or email.
They did a
      wonderful job on my 3 engine awhile back. Located in PA. I am sure
      you could ship your rocker shaft to them and get a fast return.</p>
      is broken.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1124550966.3113406.1605297144171@mail.yahoo.com">
            start out with a nice rounded contact area where they
            contact the top of the valve stem but over time they get a
            flat spot pounded into them which can cause them to make for
            more clatter.  </font><br>

style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
          Message-----<br>
          From: Kinderlehrer <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:kinderlehrer@comcast.net";>&lt;kinderlehrer@comcast.net&gt;</a><br>
          To: 'Bob Nogueira' <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:nogera@hotmail.com";>&lt;nogera@hotmail.com&gt;</a>; 'Triumph List'
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:Triumphs@autox.team.net";>&lt;Triumphs@autox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
          Sent: Fri, Nov 13, 2020 1:13 pm<br>
          Subject: Re: [TR] Valve train noise<br>
            center where the push rods make<br clear="none">
            contact making a measurement with a flat feeler gauge
            inaccurate.<br clear="none">
            Bob <br clear="none">
            -----Original Message-----<br clear="none">
            From: Triumphs [mailto:<a shape="rect"
              ymailto="mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net";
              href="mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net</a>]
            On Behalf Of Bob<br clear="none">
            Nogueira<br clear="none">
            Folk, a couple of years ago I did a total rebuild of my TR4
            engine. It has<br clear="none">
            been running well but has the valves do make more noise than
            I experienced<br clear="none">
            in the past . Checking the valve clearance it is spot on.
            Once the engine<br clear="none">
            has been running for 30 to 45 minutes the noise is much
            louder.<br clear="none">
            Oil pressure is solid at 30 to 70 PSI. Engine temp stays at
            170 (f). Oil is<br clear="none">
            20-50 Valvoline Racing Oil. <br clear="none">
            The rockers are from my spare engine. Head had all new
            valves (Stainless)<br clear="none">
            and New bronze guides which were reamed with a bit more
            tolerance. Re ground<br clear="none">
            cam and new lifters. <br clear="none">
            Any suggestions on tracking down the cause of the noise?<br
              clear="none">
            Bob Nogueira <br clear="none">
            ** <a shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
              href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br
              clear="none">
            Donate: <a shape="rect"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
              clear="none">
            Archive: <a shape="rect"
              href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
            </a> <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/archive";
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br
              clear="none">
            Unsubscribe/Manage:<br clear="none">
            <a shape="rect"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/kinderlehrer@comcast.net";
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/kinderlehrer@comcast.net</a>
              ** <a shape="rect"
                ymailto="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
                href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
                moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br
                clear="none">
              Donate: <a shape="rect"
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                clear="none">
              Archive: <a shape="rect"
                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
                target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
              </a> <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/archive";
                target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br
                clear="none">
              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape="rect"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1massey@cs.com";
                target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1massey@cs.com</a><br
                clear="none">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>