Re: [TR] insurance companies

To: "ahwahneetr@gmail.com" <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>, "dave@ranteer.com" <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] insurance companies
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 15:08:56 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_2096952_1590652851.1604934536559

 Hagerty, and Taylor and others who specialize in classic car insurance, kn=
ow that we obsess over our cars and take care of them.=C2=A0 We are careful=
 where we park them (in a garage when at home and somewhere secure when tra=
veling) and we don't drive them all that much.=C2=A0 As such we are a much =
lower risk pool than those who use a car merely as a conveyance, as an appl=
iance, something of utilitarian value only.
In most states you can get historic plates which have a lower registration =
fee, lower inspection requirements but also with limitations on how much yo=
u can drive them=C2=A0 These limits are well under those imposed by the ins=
urance company, and they know that so it is an easy lift to offer no drivin=
g limits.=C2=A0 Most states also require that there also be another, daily =
driven car in the household.=C2=A0 Not having another car could lead author=
ities to suspect you are using this car as a daily driver which is counter =
to the intent of the law.=C2=A0 The insurance companies could also draw tha=
t conclusion.
I have been using Hagerty for over 10 years and to date I've used one tow.=
=C2=A0 No issues and good service.
=20
Dave=20

=20