Re: [TR] TR3A Woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net,Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Woes
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> WZbn0JcjY951n6sq3MB5RR2gNtuli+NNY8B5QAIZoIr3MITdFmtxMBRA+xpqZynH/mECGSdMuYQ4IyGz23FlIC+Sry1n+8leeAk=
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 08:40:04 -0500

------UJF1VIOPPIIFP0Y0EUCGGHLTQCB2L3
 charset=utf-8

What are you running in the dashpots? Do they have enough but not too much?
Have you checked that with the plunger removed, and you lift the piston to=
 the top, it falls smoothly and lands with a distinct click?

What's your plug gap?
-- Randall

On 17 November 2019 08:09:04 GMT-05:00, Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail=2Eco=
m> wrote:
>Good morning,
>My 61 TR3A is coughing a bit and I need some help diagnosing=2E  Healthy
>motor, stock dizzy, points, red rotor=2E  I replaced the seals on the jet
>bearings and went through the procedure to balance and set mixture=2E=20
>Idles nicely at 900 rpm, choke works well=2E  Once warmed up though, it
>has a bad hesitation when I push the gas pedal down a third of the way
>from idle=2E  It coughs and if I don=E2=80=99t pump the throttle will sta=
ll=2E=20
>Very consistent=2E  The mixture adjusting nuts are turned down 10 flats=
=2E=20
>It does run smoother without hesitating with choke on which makes me
>think it is still not rich enough=2E =20
>
>Any thoughts would be much appreciated while I drink my coffee and try
>to keep warm in the frigid south=2E  50 degrees this am in Florida=2E =20
>
>Jim Henningsen
>Ocala, FL
>61 TR3A=20
>62 TR4
>75 TR6
>81 TR8
>82 Jeep CJ8
>
>Sent from my iPad=20
>** triumphs@autox=2Eteam=2Enet **
>
>Donate: http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml
>Archive: http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumphs=20
>http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/archive
>
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
>http://autox=2Eteam=2Enet/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3driver@ca=2Err=2Eco=

------UJF1VIOPPIIFP0Y0EUCGGHLTQCB2L3
 charset=utf-8

 enough but not too much?<br>Have you checked that with the plunger removed=
, and you lift the piston to the top, it falls smoothly and lands with a di=
=3D"gmail_quote">On 17 November 2019 08:09:04 GMT-05:00, Jim Henningsen &lt=
;trguy75@gmail=2Ecom&gt; wrote:<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"m=
argin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padd=
ing-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail">Good morning,<br>My 61 TR3A is coughing a bit and I =
need some help diagnosing=2E  Healthy motor, stock dizzy, points, red rotor=
=2E  I replaced the seals on the jet bearings and went through the procedur=
e to balance and set mixture=2E  Idles nicely at 900 rpm, choke works well=
=2E  Once warmed up though, it has a bad hesitation when I push the gas ped=
al down a third of the way from idle=2E  It coughs and if I don=E2=80=99t p=
ump the throttle will stall=2E  Very consistent=2E  The mixture adjusting n=
uts are turned down 10 flats=2E  It does run smoother without hesitating wi=
th choke on which makes me think it is still not rich enough=2E  <br><br>An=
y thoughts would be much appreciated while I drink my coffee and try to kee=
p warm in the frigid south=2E  50 degrees this am in Florida=2E  <br><br>Ji=
br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml";>http://www=2Et=
eam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/=
pipermail/triumphs">http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=
=3D"http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/archive";>http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/archive</a><br=