Re: [TR] And then there's this....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] And then there's this....
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:21:33 -0700

--------------BBE0B210C8AE56F88B9D2DAD

On 10/27/19 7:10 PM, TERRY SMITH wrote:
> https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/charlton-1958-triumph-tr3/6991904666.html
>

> I'm wondering.  What's the price that's worth it for a complete
> restoration.  Body looks (relatively) rust free, though can't see the
> frame itself. Thoughts?

Maybe worth half that price if there isn't a lot of rust. That car has
been run into the dirt and put away wet. The body work & paint alone
would be about $10K+. It needs a completely new interior and probably a
complete rebuild of the engine. Unless rebuilding a car is your favorite
past time hobby, You can purchase a really nice example for less than
the asking price + restoration costs.

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------BBE0B210C8AE56F88B9D2DAD

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:252043971.55245.1572228603296@connect.xfinity.com">
        sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"> <a
href="https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/charlton-1958-triumph-tr3/6991904666.html";

moz-do-not-send="true">https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/charlton-1958-triumph-tr3/6991904666.html</a>
        sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"> <br>
        sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"> I'm wondering.  What's the
        price that's worth it for a complete restoration.  Body looks
        (relatively) rust free, though can't see the frame itself.
        Thoughts? <br>
      car has been run into the dirt and put away wet. The body work
      &amp; paint alone would be about $10K+. It needs a completely new
      interior and probably a complete rebuild of the engine. Unless
      rebuilding a car is your favorite past time hobby, You can
      purchase a really nice example for less than the asking price +
      restoration costs.</p>
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------BBE0B210C8AE56F88B9D2DAD--

--===============0885857652004029644==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **