[TR] Start up

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Start up
From: TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 22:06:17 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_55184_1500866068.1572228377970

So my TR3 has been abruptly starting up with no choke.  But after driving, I'd
had to push throttle completely down  to get it to restart, like after spending
a few minutes shopping for replacement workboots or food.
I figgered, hmmm...., easy start up in the cold with no choke, it must be
running a bit rich already.  Checked the carbs and found the forward carb would
tend to increase a bit when I lifted the piston a bit.  Adjusted the nut
(upwards) to lean it out until that didn't seem an issue.  Ran the engine.
Shut it off.  Waited.  Re-started without the throttle easily.
'Scuse me.  THAT seems too freakin' easy!  Could it be????

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
New Hampshire, where I have maybe 4 more weeks of driving (albeit with winter
coat).
------=_Part_55184_1500866068.1572228377970

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   So my TR3 has been abruptly starting up with no choke.&nbsp; But after
driving, I'd had to push throttle completely down&nbsp; to get it to restart,
like after spending a few minutes shopping for replacement workboots or
food.&nbsp;&nbsp;
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   I figgered, hmmm...., easy start up in the cold with no choke, it must be
running a bit rich already.&nbsp; Checked the carbs and found the forward carb
would tend to increase a bit when I lifted the piston a bit.&nbsp; Adjusted the
nut (upwards) to lean it out until that didn't seem an issue.&nbsp; Ran the
engine.&nbsp; Shut it off.&nbsp; Waited.&nbsp; Re-started without the throttle
easily.
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   'Scuse me.&nbsp; THAT seems too freakin' easy!&nbsp; Could it be????
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">