Re: [TR] any TR7 folks put on a clyinder head using ARP bolt kit?

To: "'Sujit Roy'" <triumphstag@gmail.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] any TR7 folks put on a clyinder head using ARP bolt kit?
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:19:54 -0700
My approach would be to find out what ARP recommends for the TR7, and copy
that.  While I haven't bought any, I've seen that kit, and it appears to me
that ARP did some engineering (in the form of adding reduced diameter
sections to improve elasticity) to better track the changes in head
thickness (vs stud/bolt length) over temperature.

Although TR7 heads aren't identical, they are close enough that the clamping
problem should be exactly the same.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild

** triumphs@autox.team.net **