[TR] Lost more than just my head!

To: "Triumph list Team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Lost more than just my head!
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 15:59:40 -0400

--00000000000077b9f80590f67b4a

I don't know alot and my TR3 has been up on blocks outside covered up with
a tarp for about 15 years.  I think I started the motor about 5 years ago.
Its been quiet since that time; I've wanted to wait until retirement to get
it going again.  I didn't anticipate losing my drivers license, which might
affect my plans.  However, maybe the TR3's stylishness will throw off the
cops if they pull me over.

I pulled back the tarp, (I had prievously removed the bonnett), lifted the
valve cover and saw that I needed a pushrod tube as I never completed the
valve adjustment job about 5 years ago.
In doing so I also saw one of the valves stuck open! I don't remember this
happening, but I'll need to address it before continuing with the valve
adjustment. Is there any likelyhood that something like stuck open because
of a dry valve guide?  Is it essential that I pull the head?  I kinda think
it is.

Paul Dorsey  60 TR3A

--00000000000077b9f80590f67b4a

side covered up with a tarp for about 15 years.=C2=A0 I think I started the=
 motor about 5=C2=A0years ago.=C2=A0 Its been quiet since that time; I&#39;=
ve wanted to wait until retirement to get it going again.=C2=A0 I didn&#39;=
t anticipate losing my drivers license, which might affect my plans.=C2=A0 =
However, maybe the TR3&#39;s stylishness will throw off the cops if they pu=
moved the bonnett), lifted the valve cover and saw that I needed a pushrod =
tube as I never completed the valve adjustment job about 5 years ago.</div>=
ber this happening, but I&#39;ll need to address it before continuing with =
the valve adjustment. Is there any likelyhood that something like stuck ope=
n because of a dry valve guide?=C2=A0 Is it essential that I pull the head?=
R3A</div></div>

--00000000000077b9f80590f67b4a--

--===============7238126030133515969==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **