[TR] Weber Carb on a TR6

To: "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> definitions=2019-06-27_11:, , signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1011 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=539 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1812120000 definitions=main-1906270194
Subject: [TR] Weber Carb on a TR6
From: Joe DeMuth <jdemuth@icloud.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 11:52:27 -0500
Although this is not strictly a Triumph question, I hope that someone on the
list has some insight as what is going on with one of the Webers I have
installed on my TR6. They are 23/36 DGVâ??s, manual choke. In the process of
tuning and balancing I found that when the flow meter is placed over the rear
carb the engine idle increases dramatically. When placed over the front carb,
the idle remains nearly the same. If I use my hand to restrict air intake on
the rear, the engine behaves the same way, idle increases. This would seem to
indicate that the rear is running lean, as compared to the front, but they are
both equipped with the same jets and are adjusted identically.

Any ideas? Could it be a carb problem or is there something going on internally
with the engine? All the plugs look identical, Clean, no carbon.
** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mharc@autox.team.net