Re: [TR] What is the knock?

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] What is the knock?
From: Peter Ryner <pryner@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 14:33:16 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Before tearing into the engine too much check your fan belt.  I had a similar
noise, thought it was in the engine.  Took out the pushrods and tappets and
found nothing.  Put it all back together and noise still there.  I was under
the car trying to listen for the noise and had someone accelerate the motor.
Heard the noise right above my head.  The belt had broken some of the metal
fibers inside and under acceleration they were swinging out and hitting the
cross bar in front of the engine.  Never hurts to look around.
Pete