[TR] SU fuel pump (Stag)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] SU fuel pump (Stag)
From: Frank Magnusson <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 12:30:46 -0500
Looking for some words of wisdom on tightening the banjo bolts on an SU fuel
pump.  I've just installed a stock SU pump and have the red fiber washers on
either side of the banjo and am getting a fuel seep from both banjos with the
pump on.  Not sure if I have the bolts too tight or too loose.  A bit afraid to
tighten them too much as I think the pump body is cheap pot metal and I dont
want to strip it and scrap a brand new pump.  Am I right about that or am I
being too timid in tightening them?  Thinking of waiting a day to let the fiber
washers expand from being in contact with fuel to see if they will swell a bit
and seal.  Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

** triumphs@autox.team.net **