Re: [TR] TR3 suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 suspension
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:00:44 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_419326_896065969.1547643644343

 Any more, I think most shops use a water based cleaner but in the old days=
 parts cleaners used Stoddard solvent which is a type of mineral spirit.=C2=
=A0 Some of the fancier cleaners used a distillation unit to distill clean =
solvent from the dirty making for a smaller volume of solvent to be dispose=
d.=C2=A0 It is considered a hazardous waste and should be returned to a haz=
ardous waste drop-off.=C2=A0 I'm sure there is an active market in recyclin=
g solvent where large operators pick up old solvent, distill it to recover =
clean solvent and sell that back to the users.=C2=A0=20

If time allows, small users can let the dissolved contaminants settle out a=
nd pour off the clear solvent for reuse.=C2=A0 The residue can be allowed t=
o evaporate leaving the grease and what-not behind.=C2=A0 You are still lef=
t with disposing of this in a responsible manner but the volume is much muc=
h less.
I'm sure there are those who dispose of it in an irresponsible manner.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20