[TR] ZS 175 piston issue

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] ZS 175 piston issue
From: davgil@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:59:36 -0400

------=_Part_16427_1132539126.1540328376225

I continue to work on the pistons on my 1976 TR6 ZS carbs.  One remains locked
down and will not adjust.  I have it soaking in PB Blaster, and hopefully when
I get back to where I keep the TR6, it will release.  Still, I need to replace
the o-rings.  I have new o-rings, grub screw and needle holder along with two
new retaining clips if needed.  My issue is that the DPO evidently rounded out
the slot on the grub screw so that even if it releases, there is very little
slot for a screwdriver to catch.  My plan is to slowly drill it with a left
handed drill to see if it will back out, if it will not screw out.  Does anyone
have a better suggestion?  I don't know how far into the screw the plunger goes
so I don't know how much there is for the drill to catch, so any been there and
done that suggestions would be welcome.

David Gill
1976 TR6

------=_Part_16427_1132539126.1540328376225

carbs.&nbsp; One remains locked down and will not adjust.&nbsp; I have it
soaking in PB Blaster, and hopefully when I get back to where I keep the TR6,
it will release.&nbsp; Still, I need to replace the o-rings.&nbsp; I have new
o-rings, grub screw and needle holder along with two new retaining clips if
needed.&nbsp; My issue is that the DPO evidently rounded out the slot on the
grub screw so that even if it releases, there is very little slot for a
screwdriver to catch.&nbsp; My plan is to slowly drill it with a left handed
drill to see if it will back out, if it will not screw out.&nbsp; Does anyone
have a better suggestion?&nbsp; I don't know how far into the screw the plunger
goes so I don't know how much there is for the drill to catch, so any been
there and done that suggestions would be welcome. <br>

------=_Part_16427_1132539126.1540328376225--

--===============3585235136328653932==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============3585235136328653932==--